The holidays are a great time of year to spread joy and give thanks to all of your loyal customers, as well as reaching out and building relationships with potential new clients. Take this opportunity to celebrate this year by participating in the following holiday marketing ideas from Opportunity Max, the digital marketing experts!
Touch Up Your Website
- Add holiday cheer to your site by creating banners and unique artwork.
Add Holiday Touches to Your Display Paid Search Advertising
That time of year is here – the peak of online shopping, so make sure your online marketing strategy is in place so you can maximize your opportunities to increase sales.
- Add creative visuals to your pay-per-click display ads that match the theme on your website.
- Promote holiday specials by advertising current purchase and lease deals.
- Stay in front of your clients by utilizing display remarketing ads and adjust your paid search marketing budget accordingly.
If you are not currently running any paid search ads for the holidays, you might want to get started immediately. You’re missing out on some great opportunities to increase sales! Visit us online for more info about paid search marketing.
3. Get Festive by Utilizing Your Dealership Showroom
- The holidays are a perfect time of year to develop a relationship with your customers. ‘Tis the season for family, friends, and shopping! Get in the spirit by displaying a massive Christmas tree front and center of your showroom.
- Add lights, garland, wreaths, holiday stockings for each staff member, and big red bows on new cars. Of course you can’t forget Santa Clause.
- Offer complimentary hot chocolate for your customers at your coffee bar.
- Take pictures of your clients with their new vehicle and hang it on the Christmas tree as an ornament. Use a camera, print, punch a hole through the top of the picture, add some festive colored string, and voilà! You have yourself a Christmas ornament. Your customers will appreciate the family-friendly gesture!
4. Host a Christmas Toy Drive
- Get involved with your local community and host the next annual Toys for Tots Christmas Toy Drive. Spread the word via social media, blog, handouts, email blasts, etc.
5. Get Your Staff Involved
- Celebrate the holidays by hosting an ugly Christmas sweater contest for your entire team. This is an excellent opportunity to come together as a team and spread the cheer – oh, and your customers will get a kick out of it as well. Don’t forget to post pictures on your social media sites!
- Have everyone wear Santa hats the week of Christmas.
6. 12 Days of Social Media Contests
- Get your family, friends, and followers involved by encouraging them to post pictures of themselves and their family during the holidays.
- Create contests for your customers to participate in – by the way, this is a fantastic way to grow your fan base. Build a landing page or Facebook event with all of the details, come up with a great hashtag, and make sure that your customers use the hashtag to enter the drawing. Here are some great contest ideas:
- The Best Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest
- The Brightest Christmas Lights
- The Best Decorated Christmas Tree
- The Cutest Christmas Baby
- The Best Gingerbread House
7. 12 Days of [Dealership Name] Deals
- Everyone loves a great deal, especially during the holidays! Get creative and come up with 12 deals you can offer your customers during the holidays. Be sure to spread the word via social media, e-newsletters, email blasts, and handouts. Here are a few ideas to get your brain flowing:
- Free Car Wash Day
- Free Tire Rotation Day with Any Oil Change
- $25 Off Dent Removal Service
- $25 Bonus Cash with Any New Lease Deal (bonus cash for future service)
- $25 Bonus Cash with Any Used Car Purchase (bonus cash for future service)
8. Holiday Direct Mail Pieces
- Send out Christmas postcards with a greeting and picture of your dealership’s staff members. Hey, why not use that goofy ugly Christmas sweater picture? Remind your loyal customers that you care and wish them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year – they’ll be sure to love it!
Join in the conversation below! We’d love to hear what you may have done in the past that worked well (or maybe not so well), what you plan on doing this year in your dealership, and maybe even any new ideas you might have after reading this blog. Opportunity Max is here to help you spread the love at your dealership during this time of year. Please contact your Marketing Analyst today if you have any questions. Not a current OppMax client? Give us a call at 855-677-6291 or check us out online!
Opportunity Max wishes you a very successful holiday at your dealership!