Study Of 1000+ Car Dealers Raises Concerns About Industry’s Lead Handling Issues

We made a thing. It’s the most interesting thing in the world, a thing from which legends are born. It’s a thing that could scale Mount Everest, chug through the gallon-milk challenge, solve the climate change crisis.

Of course, the thing to which we’re referring is our lead-handling white paper, “Three Pain Points Preventing Dealerships from Customer Experience & Sales Success.” In it, we discuss the (surprise!) 3 common pain points that dealers experience the most when the chips are down. Backed by science – we conducted a comprehensive 8-month-long study of over 1,000 U.S. auto dealerships’ lead-handling capabilities – and broken down in laymen’s terms, the white paper dissects the major problems that limit dealers’ conversions, as well as solutions that may kick sales back into the black.

Dealer Lead Handling Pain Points

The data is pretty jarring. Here’s a brief overview of the more staggering, salient, and sometimes salacious statistics we uncovered. (Or you could just download the full white paper for free here.)

Read More

Importance of Customer Sourcing

Car shopping can be a long, drawn-out, tedious process for the consumer and the dealership. During the purchase funnel a consumer visits dozens of websites, hears countless ads, and is given nearly unlimited advice from their coworkers and families; all of which influence the final decision. At the same time, the dealership is pushing inventory to numerous inventory listing sites, spending thousands on digital and traditional advertising, and keeping up with an ever-evolving sales process.

online-car-shopping

There are a tremendous amount of moving parts on both sides of the car buying process. Unfortunately, the marketing and sales teams are more often focused on a small percentage of folks, those consumers who submit a lead online or call the dealership while shopping.  A recent Cox Automotive study shows that only 15% of car buyers send a lead to a dealership before purchasing. Nonetheless, this is a strikingly low figure considering how much focus and strategy go into lead generation. What about the other 85% of car buyers, what are they doing before they come to the dealership?

Read More

5 Tips To Optimize Your CRM

Are you getting the most out of your CRM? For most companies, the sheer size and ability of CRM systems is enough to overwhelm. It doesn’t have to be that way though. Follow our simple tips and your CRM will be running smoothly in no time.

crm-meme

via memecrunch.com

Teach From The Top

A lot of VPs and CEOs complain that their sales personnel don’t properly use their CRM, while they themselves don’t use it. Whether it’s CRM usage or pretty much anything else having to do with processes in running a business, it’s important to lead by example. An Executive with proper knowledge of their CRM can be a resource for their employees and increase adoption company-wide.

Read More